See more about Trap Neuter Return here.
The OAKCATS program is a collaborative effort led by the Oakland Pet Adoption Center (Oakland County Animal Control) in collaboration with the Michigan Pet Fund Alliance and All About Animals Clinic, through the generous support of PetSmart Charities.
The goals of the program are:
- to maximize the quality of life for Oakland County's free roaming cats
- to extinguish existing colonies over time through attrition
- to reduce the intake and demand on Animal Control and the shelters within Oakland County
Participation in the program requires:
- Training (click for more information)
- A commitment to colony management
- A commitment to track the colony for a minimum of 2-years and to enter information into the program database.
Benefits to participating in the program are:
- Training and technical assistance
- Access to free trapping equipment
- Spay/neuter for $10 per cat Now FREE for a Limited Time
- Rabies vaccinations and ear tipping for each cat
- Euthanasia of a cat whose suffering cannot be alleviated
For additional information call: 586-435-6930 and tell them you are calling about OAKCATS.